Wednesday, November 10, 2010

something new. {food - blogged}

I'm constantly on the look-out for new recipes and thought that others might be in the same situation.  I am definately not a food critic, or chef, just a mom trying to feed my kids food they'll eat and I even sometimes get in a meal that I enjoy ;)

{Spinach Salad}

Walking through the grocery store a couple of days ago, I spotted a papaya and was suddenly hungry for a salad I typically make only in the summer. 









It's quite adaptable, and though it calls for strawberries, papaya and avacado, they are not always available and lots of other fruit work as substitutes.  In my case this week, the store didnt have strawberries and their avacados were almost $2 each! 

The raspberries actually tasted very good in the salad and added some gorgeous color for my pictures.


 

This is one that the whole family loves (although my oldest tends to pick out the onions).

Have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE my magic bullet?


Here is the recipe in case anyone's interested in trying this yummy salad!  I originally got it from my cousin and am SO glad she shared :)



Hope you have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment