Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Siblings

Two nights ago I asked my children to get dressed in their nice clothes and come with me downstairs to my studio to get a nice shot of them together for our annual Christmas cards.  Although there is a massive age gap between the oldest two and our youngest, they all love each other dearly and enjoy each others' company very much.  While I tried desperately to get them to 'pose' for a picture, this gem came out of the mess of giggling and tickling and fighting over the "Nice" Santa hat.  It didn't go out on our cards, as it shows off the beautiful orange tinge of little J's skin due to her refusal to eat anything but baby food still, and I really wanted everyone to be able to see their beautiful little faces...  but it is one I plan to frame and keep for many, many years.  This glimpse at a tender moment shared between siblings brings tears to my eyes when I look at it and reminds me of the true magic of this time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment