Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Cookie Exchange!

This month is literally flying by me!  I've been so busy with my photography and holiday preparations that I've had little time for posting on here!

I was invited to take part in a cookie exchange at the beginning of December by a friend whom I've recently reconnected with via Facebook.  I'll have to admit that he thought of making dozens and dozens of cookies was a bit overwhelming, expecially with all we have going on in our lives lately!  However, the thought of connecting with others, a couple of hours with adult conversation and meeting new people drove me to RSVP that I would be there!

I tend to throw myself heartily into whatever task is ahead and after the baking was done (with a LOT of help from my WONDERFUL Mom!) I decided I couldn't just throw my squares in a bag and leave it at that.  Of course, I created more work for myself by having to have nice little Christmas plates with ribbon tyed around them.... and I couldn't just print off a plain Word document with the recipe!





















....and I couldn't just print off a plain Word document with the recipe!





Feel free to forward this post and share the recipe with everyone... it's been in our family and made by Mom for many years around Christmas time and we all love it! 

The cookie exhange itself was great, thanks so much for organizing it, A! 

The cookies, squares and brownies that people brought to share were absolutely amazing and I'm having a hard time keeping the kids out of them!


Wishing everyone joy, love, and tasty treats this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment