Sunday, April 17, 2011

they're blowing away at iheartfaces!

this week at iheartfaces, the theme is wind.  as soon as i heard that i knew exactly which picture i was going to enter...


my little one had just turned two and we'd stopped by a local park for a play in the evening.  it was getting late, the sun was setting and the wind was starting to gust as it often does around here.  that beautiful hair that i love so much was driving her crazy as it kept blowing in her face.

the warmth and memories that this picture brings back from last summer are unbelievable.  i can almost hear the crickets and feel the wind.  i am so incredibly grateful for my camera that enables me to capture moments like this.

head over to iheartfaces to see other windy work! 

I Heart Faces - Photography Challenges and Photo Tutorials

12 comments:

  1. love the simplicity of this shot. Just gorgeous! Great entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious photo! I can really feel the warm wind going through her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I like this one! Gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOH! Love this capture! Great processing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the perfect shot! Her hair is so perfectly windblown yet still neat. I'm jealous my hair won't do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet shot. I really like the conversion too... looks like it was taken ages ago...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot! I like how her skirt caught the wind and how sweet and peaceful she looks!

    ReplyDelete