Sunday, August 8, 2010

SURPRISE! @ iheartfaces

More than 2 1/2 years ago (after many years of miscarriage and finally getting past the three month mark of my pregnancy), I joined an online community of women who were expecting around the same time as I was.  I was looking for knowledge and support through this pregnancy and found much more than that in the women I "met" online.  Since our children were born, we have become friends on facebook and have shared much more of our lives with one another than just our "Firecrackers" (our name for our July 2008 babies).

Many of the women live in the US and many of them have already met.  Unfortunately, there are not many people from the forum in my area, the closest living 6 hours north of me or 6 hours south (over the US border).  I've always felt like I was missing out and although my husband didn't really understand the connection I feel with these women, he was willing to go ahead and plan a trip to Seattle with me to sight see and meet up with a couple of these online friends.

After "knowing" these other mothers, talking about our children, sharing our problems and our pictures, we finally got to meet!  Our little Firecrackers even hit it off immediately!   They enjoyed an afternoon of shopping at the Pike Place Market and then a play in a nearby park, running amongst strangers in the humid heat, up and down a little hill. 

In this picture, my daughter had just run right out of her shoe.  With the indignent surprise on her face that only a 2 year old can make adorable, she waited rather impatiently for someone to come and help her!

What a great trip this was with so many wonderful memories!






Click on the link below to go to iheartfaces.com and find more great entries in this weeks' "surprise" photo contest!
 
 

2 comments: